BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lotsa Good News

Trinton and Andrew are on fire! They have accomplished so much in the last month, that I just gotta blog about it...

First, Andrew created this website: http://79372316.nhd.weebly.com/index.html and entered it into a history contest. He won first place on the regional level! Now he is going on to the state contest. If you have any suggestions, he has been encouraged to have it edited by/get feedback from several people about it before it is judged again on a state level. If you are feeling especially helpful, this is the theme for this year:
http://whmc.umsystem.edu/nhd/2010ThemeStatement.pdf

In a previous post, I mentioned that Andrew was invited by Duke University to take the ACT... the ACT, not the pre-ACT by the way. We got his scores back and he is qualified for their most competitive summer program! He barely studied for it and he had a fever that day... so after six more years of school, some real preparation, and minus a fever... he really could do outstanding on this test some day. He already scored higher than 93% of recent high school graduates in the U.S. on part of the test... and he's only in the 7th grade! His reading score brought down his composite score... we don't know what happened there because his perfect reading scores on the state tests are why Duke University contacted him to begin with... go figure.



Then, Trinton took the stage and won first place in the 400! Check out his thunder legs and what's popping out of his arms! He has worked hard for this so it was really exciting to see him win.


Last but not least, Andrew competed in a science contest yesterday and qualified to go on to the state level!

I am sooooooooo proud of them. I love it that I have a place to record their achievements and share it all with the rest of their fan club... your love and support fuels their hearts.

6 comments:

Laura Howard said...

Wow! I bet you are one proud momma right now! :D

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

I had to laugh when the first line of your "good news" was that my nephews were on fire. That is not good news! Haha. They amaze me so much! I think I got a 24 the first time I took the ACT...and I definitely wasn't in 7th grade! That's amazing! I can't believe how much muscle is in Trinton's legs! Incredible! I'll claim them. :)

Mary's Heights said...

I'd love Trinton and Andrew even if they weren't so talented. Andrew I read every word of your web site looking for something I could suggest, and couldn't find anything wrong with it, it's so professionally done. From a user's perspective, I would have appreciated a glossary of terms or footnotes - there were a lot of words I didn't understand ('reverberatory furnace', for example), especially since I know practically nothing about steel! The web site captured my interest with the pictures and the writing held my interest. I too am so glad we have the Internet and blogs so I can see what you're all up to! I am rejoicing with you today for Andrew's and Trinton's remarkable achievements!

Sarah said...

wahoo! I'm glad they're doing so well!

the hamms said...

sounds like you are also on fire as a mom. Well done michelle.

Theresa said...

That's awesome, Trinton! Love, ShiMa