BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 29, 2008

scout camp



This is a picture of Trinton telling us all about scout camp. ;) I was anxious to hear all about it but he came home, took a shower, and crashed on the couch for most of the rest of the day while our world kept spinning around him. So I had to wait but I assumed that meant he had a good time. Can you see the bug bites all over his legs? He smelled horrible. I sent soap and a towel with him but I guess showers were not required... for a whole week! Gross! When he finally woke up he gave me the scoop...
It was at a huge reservation five hours from home towards the middle of Texas. His camp was on a hill a mile away from everything else at the reservation so he hiked... "A LOT". They went to bed at 1030 and woke up at 630 every day. They made a wood pile as "as tall as me" for their camp fire. They drank "bug juice" all week... their choice of regular or extreme. What's that? Tritnon said, "Fruit punch... I think... I hope." Swimming: he made PFD's out of pants, learned about dives and strokes, and swam 800 meter laps. They had rifles and archery. He learned about knots and first aid, and got certified to use knives, saws, and axes. One day, they hiked 5 miles and then plopped down in their sleeping bags right there and went to sleep out in the open but... it rained in the middle of the night! Staff came and picked them up and dropped them off at a pavilion where they then had to sleep on a concrete floor. Bummer! They had flag ceremonies, and learned about the scout oath and sign... of course... all the standard stuff. Pottery: he made a pinch pot, squirrel, and turtle. Did they take home their cute displays of artistic talent? Nooooo... they smashed it! Boys will be boys.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Matthew predicted that they would smash it before I got to that part. haha