BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Am a Child of God

I don't think that I am going to be able to sleep tonight until I get this off my mind...

About ten years ago, after a series of extremely traumatic events, I convinced myself that God was not real. This went on for about a year until the day I got a call that my little sister was in ICU. I had been told the same thing many times because my sister was in and out of the hospital her whole life... 21 years. Every other time that I got a call like this, I worried but I fully expected to get another call saying that she was home again. This time was different. Nothing said was different but the way I felt was different. I knew immediately that Kimberly was not coming home again. There are not words to describe how intense I felt right after I got that call because the panic and pain is completely beyond description. Without thinking, I fell to my knees next to my bed and at that very same moment peace and comfort rushed through my body with the same intensity as the panic and pain. God is real. In the very second that I turned to Him, He was there for me. I could never again believe otherwise after that moment.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, I never knew...thanks for sharing.

Grandpa Smith said...

You told me, and I have used the story to help others....

Theresa said...

That is a very special experience, and I'm glad you shared it. It reminds me that God does care about each person as an individual. I have heard other accounts of people who experienced the loving arms of the Lord around them during a traumatic event, and I know that this is one way He can support us during times of trial. Love, Mom